The companion book to this podcast is now on sale: Artificial Intelligence and You is over 350 pages packed with explanation, interviews, figures, and the contributions of many of our expert guests. It addresses our same questions:
- What is AI?
- Why will it affect you?
- How do you and your business survive and thrive through the AI revolution?
This book puts AI in context for you whether you’re a leader, educator, businessperson, or just trying to make sense of how thinking machines are changing your world. Learn:
- How to sort hype from reality, and how to really think about AI;
- What AI can do, what it can’t do (and why), and what it’s likely to become capable of;
- How the pandemic has changed the direction of AI development;
- What AI really means for jobs;
- How to “future-proof” your career and your business;
- Social issues surrounding AI, like privacy, explainability, and disinformation;
- The state of AI in specific applications from self-driving cars to medicine.
Drawing on interviews with dozens of experts from CEOs to anthropologists, and government ministers to science fiction authors, this book also examines the social phenomena of our collective beliefs and fears of AI. It provides practical guidance so you can take a leadership role in conversations about AI—even including the existential risk debate—from a place of genuine understanding. Witty, thought-provoking, and engrossing, this book is “AI 101.”